Tools for business
Enviro-Mark Solutions offers simple, effective and credible solutions to inspire action for a better environment.
- Advantages of environmental certification
- Benefits of sustainable procurement
- Other sustainable resources for businesses
Members, log in here to access your toolbox, software, templates, guidance, and other resources.
Have you seen one of our marks on a product and want to know more about what it takes to earn that certification?
Manage energy use, environmental impacts, and carbon footprints with our business-tested, science-based tools and certifications.
Our members reduce operating costs, demonstrate environmental leadership, provide assurance for stakeholders, and gain a competitive edge. Through our solutions, members achieve:
- Market access & export advantage
- Identify business efficiencies and cost savings
- Satisfy stakeholder and supply chain demand
- Make sustainability claims credibly and confidently
- Meet tender requirements
- Anticipate and manage risks
- Achieve legislative compliance, including environmental and health & safety requirements
- Create a saleable business with robust systems
- Gain a moral and reputational advantage
- Demonstrate good corporate citizenship
In addition to third-party certification, Enviro-Mark Solutions provides assessment, verification and training services as well as technical tools and software.
- Audit and Verification services against a range of international standards
- Gap analysis of your existing work against a range of environmental standards
- Independent expert assessment of your site against Regional Environmental Plan criteria
- Product carbon footprint specifications
- Emissions Factor review, development and provision
- Emissions calculation software
- Workshops and training across a range of environmental topics
- Supply chain sustainability assessments
- Assessment and provision of verified carbon credits
- Custom pre-verified carbon calculators for you, your customers or your suppliers
- Event carbon calculators
- Free carbon calculators for individuals to estimate and offset their household or travel footprints
Ready to apply our expert knowledge to your operations? Get in touch.
You’ll improve your business and together we can create a better environment.
- Get in touch to discuss your options
- Download an infopack and review our services at your convenience
Whether you are choosing a new service provider or looking for a manufacturer to fit into your supply chain, choosing to work with organisations, products and services that are credibly managing their environmental impacts benefits your organisation.
These organisations have reduced risk, planned for future requirements, and improved efficiency. Further, by choosing to support credibly sustainable companies, you will help encourage that behaviour to spread.
Look for organisations that are measured against an agreed standard and give preference to those with independent verification or certification. For example, if an organisation is claiming to plant trees to be carbon neutral, they are doing a great ecological project but cannot actually claim to be carbon neutral. Our members offer a range of services and products and each is independently certified as taking credible action for a better environment.
Look for these certification marks on products or business materials as part of your procurement process; independent certification from Enviro-Mark Solutions proves that a company or product is taking the right action for the environment. A summary of each type of certification follows, and you can learn more about the specific requirements to achieve each type of certification here.
|Enviro-Mark certification means the company has or is developing an environmental management system, or a set of procedures and policies to manage all environmental impacts, risks, and aspects. Certified companies can be one of five levels depending on how far along they are: Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum or Diamond.||Energy-Mark certification means the company has or is developing an energy management system, or a set of procedures and policies to manage energy use and efficiency. Certified companies can be one of three levels depending on how far along they are: Bronze, Silver or Gold.|
Certified Emissions Measurement And Reduction Scheme
CEMARS certification is awarded to companies, products or services that are measuring and actively working to reduce their carbon footprint.
|carboNZero certification is awarded to companies, products or services that are measuring, actively working to reduce and annually offset their carbon footprint.|
- Business case template: Download a CEMARS or carboNZero Business Case Template to help you make the case to your management
- Staff engagement information
- The advantages of purchasing carboNZero certified services
There are also many excellent resources online to help support businesses and communities to have a positive impact on the environment.
- Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority (EECA) - promotes a sustainable energy future by changing the way New Zealanders think about and use energy.
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change - provides scientific, technical and socio-economic information relevant for the understanding of climate change, its potential impacts and options for adaptation and mitigation.
- New Zealand climate change information - climate change policy and information on the Ministry for the Environment website.
- New Zealand Green Building Council (NZGBC) - the industry organisation working to improve the quality and sustainability of New Zealand’s buildings
- The Greenhouse Gas Protocol - an initiative jointly convened by the World Resources Institute (WRI) and the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) to develop accounting tools for greenhouse gases.
- United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) - information on climate change and a forum for asking questions of UNEP experts.
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCC) - the secretariat of the UNFCC holds official documents and reports, and assists Parties in communicating other information related to the Convention; it also serves the Kyoto Protocol.
Fisher & Paykel Healthcare - doing the right thing through CEMARS
Operating in a highly regulated industry, Fisher & Paykel Healthcare opted in to the CEMARS programme to ensure they aligned with the highest international standards when it comes to carbon performance.
- Read more
- May 2019
Counties Manukau District Health Board: a CEMARS case study
As public health is directly affected by the environment, in 2012, Middlemore decided to take a leading role in reducing its own waste and emissions, beginning with Enviro-Mark Solutions’ CEMARS® certification.
- Read more