Energy-Mark Bronze Certification
Energy-Mark Bronze is the first step in the Energy Management System journey.
An energy management system is a planned approach to manage energy use and improve performance and efficiency. The Energy-Mark Programme mentors organisations to develop, implement and maintain an energy management system and verifies their work.
Energy-Mark Bronze certified organisations have developed an energy policy and demonstrated a commitment to energy management. Under the guidance of Energy-Mark, the organisation has reviewed its energy usage, decided on its energy baseline and defined its performance indicators.
To achieve Energy-Mark Bronze certification, an organisation:
- Defines and documents the scope and boundaries its energy management system;
- Defines, establishes, implements and maintains an energy policy which illustrates the organisation's commitment to achieving energy performance improvements;
- Provides the resources needed to establish, implement, maintain an energy management system;
- Communicates the importance of energy management to those in the organisation;
- Ensures that energy objectives and targets are established;
- Considers energy performance in long-term planning;
- Appoints an Energy Management System Champion(s) with appropriate skills and competence;
- Conducts and documents an energy planning process;
- Develop, record, and maintain an energy review;
- Establish an energy baseline against which to measure changes in energy performance;
- Evaluate compliance with legal and other requirements.